Dexter is a smaller sized bronze spout that works well at low flows and where the water arc must be kept relatively short. At low flows it produces an interesting stream of water. At higher flows, the stream is controlled and surprisingly pleasant. The back plate is an eight sided star similar to what is used in Islamic design.
- 4 ¾ in × 4 ¾ in back plate
- 3 ½ in projection
- silicon bronze
- ¾ in pipe size
- Arc length
- 4–14 in
- see the flow profile
Available in the standard bronze finishes with either a wax or epoxy coating. More about the finishes and coatings is on the bronze finishes page
- Part is made of silicon bronze
- It is designed to be used with ¾ in plumbing. The casting is threaded with 1 in female NPT. A PVC bushing ( 1 in male NPT × ¾ in socket) is provided to screw into back of spout. If you have a piece of PVC pipe sticking out from the wall you could just glue the part in place.
- A bonding lug for #8 AWG wire is provided at the back. A set screw at bottom of back plate secures the wire.
- Decorative use only. More secure mounting options available but they are expensive and complicated to install—call to discuss.
- The water arc changes if the spout is plumbed with a smaller pipe. It may distort in unexpected ways, particularly if the feed pipe isn't parallel to the center line of the spout. It's obviously not possible to move as much watew with a smaller pipe. Also, the flows will not match the ones listed on the flow chart
- Designed to be removable. Provided it's installed in a way that allows for this. Review the installation detail.
- durable bronze casting
- threaded with 1 in NPT
- two screw bosses with ¼-20 thread
- bonding lug for #8 AWG wire
- installation instructions
- PVC bushing fitting
- hex wrench for bonding lug
- a lot of love ❤